Zoo Rules and FAQ
- Glass bottles
- Alcoholic beverages
- Plastic straws
Tips to Make Your Trip More Enjoyable
Parking Alert: The zoo has become a popular place to visit, and free parking in Hermann Park is limited. Our Hours & Directions webpage has the latest information on your parking options.
Water Play Park (open seasonally): Don’t forget to bring a change of clothes for the little ones. Kids love splashing around the water park on a hot day!
Be safe: To ensure the security of our animals and our guests, please observe the following safety precautions.
- Zoo animals are wild. Please stay on the visitor paths, observe posted signs and do not reach into or climb on exhibits.
- Please do not throw things at the animals.
- Please do not feed or touch the animals.
- Making loud noises may startle the animals.
- Please do not pick flowers or plants, climb trees or walk through the flower beds.
Free Wi-Fi in Select Areas
At the Zoo, you can find free wi-fi in the front entrance plaza, Medical Center Gate entrance plaza, Cypress Circle concessions area and in the Brown Education Center.
Lost an Item?
Visit Guest Relations just outside our main entrance for our Lost and Found. We can save your information and contact you if your lost item is found. If you or your child has accidentally dropped an item in an animal exhibit, notify a Zoo Ranger (red uniform polo) or call 713-533-6501 to report the loss immediately.
Download Our Zoo App
Stroller and Scooter Rentals
We offer six items for rent to help you get around the zoo:
- Single strollers – $10
- Double strollers – $15
- Wagons – $15
- Manual Push Wheelchairs – $10
- Motorized Scooters – $29
- Motorized Scooters with Sunshade – $39
For wheelchair and motorized scooter rentals, your photo ID will be held at the rental location until the items are returned. Rentals may be paid for with cash or major credit card.