Cub Scouts & Girl Scouts
Come experience the Zoo after dark and spend the night in our Brown Education Center! Choose from a variety of themed offerings that include guided night hikes through the Zoo, animal meet and greets, and educational activities.
Now booking Summer 2018!
- Advanced registration is required; adults and children must register.
- Adult/Child Ratios: One adult chaperone is required for every five children age 6 – 17. Children under the age of 6 are not permitted.
- Group Size Limits: 20 Minimum / 60 Maximum
- Registration closes eight days before the scheduled program date. No additions will be permitted after registration has closed.
- Program Scheduling & Refunds: A 25% nonrefundable deposit is required at time of group reservation. Final payment is due 21 days prior to the program date. Guests who provide a written notice of cancellation to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the balance due date will receive a full refund, excluding the cost of the deposit. No refund will be issued after this date. Rescheduling is subject to availability at a $25 transfer fee.
- Scout badges and awards cannot be purchased through the Zoo. However, we can provide your pack or troop with some information required to complete your specific badge work.
Please Note – If there are less than 15 participants registered 8 days prior to the overnight date, the program will be cancelled. All participants will be re-scheduled where possible, or fully refunded otherwise.
Cub Scout Overnights
Spring Dates: May 4
Summer Dates: June 9, June 30, July 14, August 18
7 p.m. – 9 a.m.
Calling all cub scout families! Come learn about wild animals and the places they call home. During this memorable experience, scouts will investigate how plants and animals interact with each other through the food cycle and compare survival strategies of the fittest. We will also discuss how we as humans impact the environment and how we can help protect it! This program is well suited for Cub Scouts working towards their Nova WILD! Award, but is great fun for any den or pack, whether you intend to go on to complete the award or not.
Overnights include evening snack and breakfast, a guided night hike through the Zoo, group activities, a up-close animal meet & greet, early morning Zoo tour, next-day Zoo admission, and glow-in-the-dark Overnight bracelet souvenir.
*Dates crossed out indicate the program is at full capacity
Girl Scout Program Themes and Dates
Zoo Overnights provide the opportunity for you to get up close and interact with our ambassador animals. Connect with a variety of animals, including small mammals, reptiles and birds. Learn what they eat and how they are cared for as a member of the Houston Zoo family. Meet our amazing ambassadors and find out how you and your group can take action to save animals in the wild on your next evening or overnight experience!
We’ll surprise you with a selection of delightful critters; it is not possible to reserve specific animals when you register for one of our programs.
What To Bring
- comfortable walking shoes
- reusable water bottle
- weather appropriate outerwear – ponchos/jackets
- bug spray/insect repellent
- sleeping bag, pillow, sleeping pad or cot
- pajamas, personal care items
- change of clothes (showers not available)
*Note: All participants will sleep in the Brown Education Center which is air-conditioned with easy access to restrooms and water fountains. Cots and sleeping materials are not provided.
Frequently Asked Questions
Additional Items for Purchase
$20 for each Houston Zoo Overnight t-shirt (for all ages).
$5 for each Houston Zoo fun patch.
A link to order t-shirts and patches will be included in your program reminder which will be sent out via the email on file for your registration. They cannot be added the day of your program.
By Participating in a Houston Zoo Overnight, you help save animals in the wild!
Need more information? Don’t see a program that fits your needs? Contact us at email@example.com and we can answer your questions.